Ta Da!

And New Look 6821 is done!!!  Review is here.

I attempted the zipper for the fifth and final time last night.  The fourth time, I noticed puckering at the bottom of the zipper, so I carefully pinned it this time to make sure the zipper was evenly placed on both sides.  Then I hand basted it and sewed it in one side at a time.  I zig zagged the edges of the seam allowances and hand stitched the top of the seam allowances down.  The stitching on the zipper is a little close to the teeth in some places than I’d like, making it hard to zip/unzip in those spots, but it works and I’m not doing it over again.  Here are some pics of the zipper in process…

insideviewzipper

zipperopen

zipperclosed

 

All in all, I really procrastinated with some aspects took my time with this dress/top and I’m really glad that I did.  It’s not perfect, but it was made with love and I can’t wait to see Katie wearing it.  Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of her modeling it sometime soon.

 

 

 

Things learned in my first garment:

1. How to install an invisible zipper multiple times.

2. Pin tucks are cute and easy.

3. Trust yourself when you disagree with the instructions about how to sew and finish a seam, even though you are just a humble beginner.

4. I really can sew!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s