Courtesy of Sew Fast Sew Easy, here’s the class description:
The moulage is the foundation of the couture pattern drafting system taught by the Ecole Guerre-Lavigne in Paris. This is a system of measuring the figure, calculating, and drafting a pattern. Using this system of measuring, you will draft your own custom fit pant pattern.
In this class, you will learn:
– Some history of the development of pattern drafting systems
– The proper way to measure the figure, for this system
– Calculations of the measurements in both inches and metric
– How to draft the Moulage front and back pant pattern.
– How to make adjustments to the muslin pant pattern to ensure proper fit.
– Demoing how to add side front pockets, pleats, high faced waistband, fly front—details to enable them to actually make a trouser they want to wear
I thought this might be too advanced for me being the humble beginner that I am, but others have assured me that now is a good time to take it. So I am! And I can’t wait. Did I mention that already? That I can’t wait? Oh wait, maybe I did. Well you can’t blame me for being excited.
I have Mr. King’s book, Cool Couture, but have only skimmed through it yet. Hmm… guess I should have already, shouldn’t I have? It looked divine though. I also saw him on Threadbangers and discussed all over the “internets”. Kenneth King sounds like an amazing teacher and I can’t wait to take the class. (Oh I said that already. Oops!)
Stay tuned for the first class debrief tomorrow!