So I didn’t make it to finish line last night. I was able to correct my massively idiotic error of attaching the ties to the side seams rather than the front edges of the bodice wraps. I set in my sleeves very successfully (but I have more detail on that in the pattern review post later). BUT, I was too tired to push ahead and hem the dress. I hope to finish it tonight and take some pictures this weekend. I will write up the review this weekend as well.
Here’s a sneak peek at the dress in it’s almost completed state, but just a peek of my perfect sleeve. I am emphasizing the perfection of the sleeves because they are the only thing about this dress that went smoothly.
I will give you a little taste of my review ahead of time though just to keep you wanting more: Vogue 8379 will NOT be a TNT pattern for me going forward. I am going to look at different options. Robin suggested Kwik Sew 3408. Check out her post and her review for her comparison of the two patterns. Sounds like a winner to me.
May your sewing be free of idiotic mistakes.