This was supposed to be the post with the tutorial on lengthening a bodice, but instead it will be a mishmash. I thought that I had taken all the requisite pictures for said blog post, but upon writing the post, figured out there were quite a few missing pictures. So, suffice it to say, the tutorial is still forthcoming. It’s almost finished. I promise!
Also, I am dying to show you all what I made my Mom for Mother’s day, but she reads the blog, so I can’t. But since I can’t keep a secret (about presents anyway), I at least got to tell you (and her) that I made her something. And in her favorite colors (oops! that might have been a little TMI for a secret). Oh well… You’ll all have to wait to see it until she sees it. Sorry! But that’s what I sewed this weekend.
Last night, I went through my entire collection of Burdas (back to Jan 2009) looking for a great dress to make for a family wedding scheduled over Labor Day weekend. I have a few contenders and will post them later.
I also pre-treated my fabric for the Knip Mode skirt. I will start working on it this week! I had a lesson last week with Thea and we tweaked the fit of the muslin a little bit. We did really well with our drafting. Only minor tweaks were needed.
So, even though I have been radio silent the last little while, I actually have been working really hard. Honest!
More to come soon. Happy sewing everyone!
(Sorry, no pictures for this post.)